View Single Post
Old 06-18-2023, 04:41 PM   #382
miami_fan
Coordinator

The Suns appear to be the ones who will get Bradley Beal in a trade. They also don't seem to have any plan to play any defense when they get Beal. These two pieces from Woj's article about the potential trade are staggering.

Quote:
Beal will join Booker, Durant and Deandre Ayton -- four max contracts together with a looming collective bargaining agreement designed to severely limit the roster flexibility of teams above the second apron of luxury tax at $117 million.

The arrival of Beal and the $207 million left on his contract projects the Suns to be a second-apron team for at least the next three years, which will leave them largely reliant on minimum contracts to fill out the roster.

Quote:
Owner Mat Ishbia has made a massive commitment to salary and luxury tax on the Beal and Durant deals to pursue a title in the coming seasons. The Suns will have $163 million in salary committed to Booker, Durant, Beal and Ayton for the 2023-2024 season.

The projected salary cap for the 23-24 season is $134 million.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote