View Single Post
Old 06-22-2023, 03:26 PM   #402
miami_fan
Coordinator

From the golf thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Is the coast clear for the NBA to go all in on the Chinese money now? Or maybe even the Middle Eastern money? ICYMI

NBA Courts Investment by Sovereign Wealth, Pension Funds

Qatari Investment Authority close to buying stake in Wizards, Capitals, Mystics: Sources - The Athletic

The coast is clear.

Quote:
The NBA, NHL and WNBA are on the precipice of being the first North American professional sports leagues to receive an investment from a sovereign wealth fund. The Qatari Investment Authority, the country’s sovereign wealth fund, is close to buying a stake in Monumental Sports and Entertainment, the parent company of the Washington Wizards, Washington Capitals, and Washington Mystics, sources briefed on the deal told The Athletic.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote