View Single Post
Old 06-23-2023, 06:18 PM   #189
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I already don't care for crossplatforming (with regard to play), I already don't care for the existing integration of XBox stuff and Windows stuff ... I can't imagine a whole lot I'd want less than an identical experience.

I prefer things to work to & enhance their strengths instead of attempting to be a unitool.

There are things that fare better on p.c., there are things that fare better on console ... this isn't a reality that I'm particularly bothered by.

I 1000% respect your opinion, but I would counter with that there are ALREADY ways to, for example, have your PC boot directly to steam big picture (the controller only mode.) I would also add that windows already detects controllers better than consoles do.

Ever try to synch a new controller to your Xbox? It involves hitting buttons on both the console and the controller. The same is done on a PC just by turning on the controller and putting it in detect mode. The PC auto detects it and it’s available for use (assuming you have Bluetooth, which any gaming PC would.)

I just really can’t see what a console adds to the equation. I mean even 5-10 years ago I didn’t feel like this, but things have just come so far that consoles to me feel like a DVD player.

Last edited by dubb93 : 06-23-2023 at 06:20 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote