View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 12:06 PM   #22
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

At the moment, I have this idea that I'll get immersed into the Arab League and start identifying guys I'd like to see play on a traditional major league team. At some point, perhaps the next idea would be for one of the Arab League teams to get scooped up by a MLB or GLB team like major college football realignment. Perhaps oil cash can induce the Mets or somebody to head to the desert and play winter league baseball?

Probably not. So far, it's shaping up like the Diamond League will end up being able to accommodate guys who are too good for the minors but not good enough for the "real" majors yet, so it could be a decent player development ladder if it's done right where you could see young guys plying their trade in the Arab League before getting dealt or scooped up by a MLB team.

I can't decide if the Galactic League major league off-shoots are destined to be better or even with this league. Right now, it seems they are relatively level, with the best Diamond League teams being able to dominate GL clubs, but the bottom falls out pretty fast there. Major League teams are better than all of them it seems, though.

We'll see how it evolves though, it's still pretty early but guys aren't signing with the Diamond League teams as much as you'd think despite the increased money opportunities, I do wonder if the game puts more of a premium on league reputation than we thought.

Which would make sense when the league got elevated to Major League that guys would rather play in a Major league, than not.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote