View Single Post
Old 06-28-2023, 11:50 PM   #1
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Mr. President - or how can I ruin the country

This will be a dynasty report for Mr. President, a board game which just came out. I will take on the role of the president in the 21st century, and see how bad I can fail.

GMT Games - Mr. President: The American Presidency, 2001-2020

First off, I have some attributes. I have a military background, and am also a team builder. This means I have an advantage with strategic capabilities, and will have an easier time with building my cabinet.

Speaking of cabinet, my VP is Barry Wallace, with skills in domestic and military. My Chief of Staff is Krista Hallsten, my Secretary of State is Allen Box, and my Secretary of Defense is Rick Campbell. All three of them are pretty good, so I'm happy with the cabinet. I also have an outstanding Homeland Security Chief, which will be useful if there are any terror cells forming in the US.

In Congress, I have a couple of friends, and a couple of enemies. My friends are a little more media savvy, but my enemies are more powerful in congress. This will make passing legislation a chore. I made a campaign promise to pass Social Security legislation, but right now, the #1 priority for the public is expanding the military.

The game starts with three ongoing crises inherited from the previous administration. I ended up with North Korea naval provocations, multiple mass shootings, and Russian hybrid war in Eastern Ukraine. This will linger for a while, and need to be addressed.

Looking around the world, there is a lot of hostility between the Koreas, caused in part by the naval provocations, the Middle East is a mess, we're at war with the Taliban, Russia is taking a very aggressive posture, and the domestic crisis level is on the brink of disaster, mostly due to the mass shootings. The economy is solid, so I shouldn't have to worry about that for a bit.

I think my top priorities right now are to ease the tensions in Pacific/Asia region, pass gun reform legislation, try and calm Russia down, all while trying to keep the Middle East from spiraling out of control. I'm new to the game, so I'm not sure where to start.

Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote