View Single Post
Old 07-25-2023, 02:00 PM   #25545
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
What is it with people insisting their dog should be off leash. We took the dog to the beach tonight for a splash, on leash. He's doing fine and then a dog about 10 pounds more wanders over off leash. It gets in our dogs face and our guy shows his teeth. Next thing this dog is literally hanging on my dog while my wife is trying to pick him up. Meanwhile I'm kicking the other dog trying not to get bitten. It finally falls off and the family comes over. Because I'm not trying to be a dick I say it's ok and we go.

Our dog seems fine, shaken but walking fine and no visible scrapes. Probably not gonna help his dog anxiety. But if you can't control your dog, keep it on a leash.

In public or in town every dog should be on a leash. If your don't leash your dog in those situations you are a moron. If your dog bites a child you are going to have a dead dog, a criminal record, a pile of someone else's medical bills to pay, and be held civilly liable as well.

My dog doesn't enter those situations and I don't leash him, but I also live out in the country and don't have to worry about him biting anyone because there is no one to bite out here. When I take him to the vet he goes on a very short leash. One that barely reaches my feet. I don't want him to interact with anyone but me and the vet staff. Also, no, you can't pet my dog.

Last edited by dubb93 : 07-25-2023 at 02:00 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote