View Single Post
Old 07-31-2023, 06:35 AM   #35
whomario
Pro Starter

This explainer on save transfer is for 22 but presumably still valid: OOTP 22 Tutorial Series -Transfer Saved Games Tutorial - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I think everything from my post above still stands. There are changes to the trade deadline and signing international players. It is different, but not game changing in my opinion. I like the change to the international signings, but it still largely devolves to who will offer a ton of money to the best players and you are better off signing one stud than trying to piece together a good group in most years. The trade deadline was a nice novelty for a few seasons, but I don't really do the phases any more (just quick sim through them and, if I am going to make trades at the deadline, do it before starting it). I think the draft seems a little more fun with interesting players 5-10 rounds in, where sometimes it would be like one or two guys that you could envision playing in the big leagues (which is probably realistic, but not fun in a game).

I think it is worth the upgrade, but if money is tight, it isn't a substantial upgrade from last year. I should note that I only play single player nowadays and haven't fooled with perfect game this year.

I have had success with overbidding immediately (2 mio instead of 1 f.e.) and mostly get 2-3 guys i want.

As for the draft: this can be adjusted in a way: for one there is a setting that lets you determine how many prospects are created (setting the Number of draft rounds the game creates players for), this proportionally also creates more or less good prospects.
Personally i like to create for about 40 rounds (default is i think 30) and then after the Pool is announced i randomly remove quite a few 4-5 star prospects so that the Pool ends up deeper in the middle rounds but a bit less so up top.
(And a ton of the remaining high potential guys flame out anyway).
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote