View Single Post
Old 08-02-2023, 06:18 AM   #1067
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Hatch is the best goal scorer in the best league. Just seems like you'd want her on the squad, even if it's in a backup role.

Morgan and Rapinoe were always going to make it because of the sponsorships. But I feel like you could have probably found a spot for Hatch over one of the young players.

I don't follow NWSL close enough to have a informed opinion about Hatch as a player. I see the stats but I have don't know what type of player she is. Stats-wise, I agree with your sentiment. I'm just saying that Vlatko does not seem to rate her for what he wants to do now. When you watched the team play when Vlatko dropped the older players, Morgan could not play in that team with that style. Hatch was there and played early but progressively got less and less playing time.

The future at the number nine position for USWNT is Catarina Macario if she comes back from her ACL injury fully healthy. The concern I have for Hatch under this management team is when Macario got hurt, Hatch did not step into the lineup and get a run of games as a starter with another striker(Coffey?) becoming her backup. Vlatko decided to bring back Morgan and changed the way the team played in order to do so. To be fair, Morgan performed at a high level for him during that time. You could definitely say that shows a lack of tactical flexibility by the coach to get the best out of Hatch but it also is not a good look for player.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote