View Single Post
Old 09-11-2023, 10:13 AM   #121
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegeebored View Post
You watched a different game than I did. Read this for more insight: https://www.the33rdteam.com/category...justin-fields/

And no Drake Maye, please. I don't want another QB from a non-football school like UNC. I've seen that movie before.

I don't think the article really changes anything or goes against what I said. He was accurate on the throws he made for roughly 3 quarters and from there was awful in every aspect. Accuracy and ball placement were improved over last year. The throws were mostly very conservative though. His first 12 throws were all where thry needed to be, the 2 incompletions he had at that point were a drop by Claypool and a TD saving breakup by Rasul Douglas.

Overall, though, it's not enough. He has to be better and if he doesn't get better quick it's time move on.

As for Maye vs Williams, Trubusky shouldn't come into the equation when evaluating Maye. It's a different coaching staff and he's a different player. PFF had him as the highest graded qb inside the pocket last year, and inside the pocket work tends to be what translates to the NFL. Williams' red flag, other than being another Lincoln Riley qb, is that he does most of his damage outside the pocket on plays he extends.

Right now I prefer Maye, but we also only have a year of film on him so far. The picture should clear up a bit after this year. I think they're both better than the top 3 options in this past draft.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote