View Single Post
Old 09-11-2023, 03:41 PM   #770
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
I booked our next Disney vacation for spring break 2024. Using our DVC points, I got us 4 nights in a preferred deluxe studio at the Riviera Resort on the week of April 1.

The last time we went to Walt Disney World was pre-COVID, when Magical Express and the Fastpass were still a thing. I know a lot has changed since then. What should I expect this time around? We are a pretty simple family (3) of vacationers; our only must-sees this trip are Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT, and Avatar Flight of Passage at Animal Kingdom. As an aside, we may consider checking out the Cirque du Soleil show Drawn to Life at Disney Springs.

Anyways, I'm here to gather any tips on how to navigate the new systems they have now, like Genie+ or theme park reservations, dining, and transportation to/fr MCO.

I love Riviera. It has walk up access to the Skyliner, which will get you to Epcot and Hollywood (my two favorite parks). So, if you have DVC and plan to return often, you may want to go heavy on those two parks.

DVC sometimes has Moonlight Magic events, where folks staying in the DVC properties can get after-hours access to a park. They usually release a schedule in January, so if you get lucky and there is one during your stay, I would recommend trying that. You can get to a lot of rides in a relatively short period of time.

We've rented cars the past few times, but Uber still works well and there are plenty of cabs. The Magic Express quit operating, which sucks. Buses from resorts still run, but that area seems a little skimpier than pre-Covid. I'm not sure about trying this during a 4-day stay, but we have had pretty good luck staying at somewhere like Riviera, Boardwalk, or Beach for half the stay to use the Skyliner and hitting Hollywood and Epcot (sometimes Epcot for just the evenings) and then transferring to somewhere like Baylake/Contemporary, Polynesian, or Grand Floridian to use the Monorail to hit Magic Kingdom. Animal Kingdom is kind of a pain to get to, so that is probably a bus or drive to destination.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote