View Single Post
Old 09-20-2023, 08:38 AM   #336
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Bobble, that's the same takeaway I've had after looking at a few different sources. And is the reason I have no desire to see another QB drafted early. If this staff is in place, I have no confidence that they'll develop him. They've changed enough with Fields that hasn't worked.

Bagent may play well in this offense because he's more in line with what the coaches want from the position. But I think Fields is the more talented player. This is not an offense or a coaching staff that takes advantages of his strengths while working to develop what he needs to improve.

Yeah, agreed. The Bears look like either a whole team of rogue, uncoachable player personalities that aren't following the scheme or technique -OR- it's a very poorly coached and run team. It's sad because it's ruining player careers through poor development (especially since I'm a Justin Fields fan) so why grab another great prospect just to burn him to the ground. But, I guess poor development has happened in all sports since the dawn of time.

They'd be better off grabbing a veteran QB that already knows what to do during the play and can reject poor play designs. Then they can focus on teaching everyone else how to play the game.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote