View Single Post
Old 09-29-2023, 10:24 AM   #487
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
The same team it is every season Pinky. The team that will beat the Detroit Lions is the Detroit Lions.

They're cursed. Any long time Lion's fan knows this.

I'll be 50 in a few months and have been a Lions fan my whole life. The first Super Bowl I can recall watching was the 1980 Super Bowl between the Rams and Steelers, so that's, at least, 43 years of Lions fandom.

They may be cursed, but I can't take this mindset. It's just not fun. I was nervous as hell during that 3rd quarter, but I cracked a 16 oz PBR right after the Packers pulled within 10 and it settled both me and the Lions right down.

Actually good Lions teams are so few and far between, you've gotta embrace and enjoy the ride when they actually come around!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote