View Single Post
Old 10-02-2023, 10:17 PM   #208
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

So I still have the main quest to wrap up on my original playthrough, but I could wait no longer. My desire to try a more RP play was too strong, I figured it wouldn't hurt anything to just get that character set up and dabble just a little.

I can't say that went so well.

I wanted to RP a "Long Hauler" type character, so B.J. McKay was born. I made it to maybe Level 4, delayed even the first main story quest aside from the unskippable opening ... and realized that playing with moving cargo as a primary activity wasn't gonna work. The credits simply aren't there to make necessary changes to the ship, etc. You'd have to augment that by either doing a lot of combat missions (to scav loot to sell in quantity) or farm XP and credits from outposts or something ... which takes away the point of RP'ing as a space trucker.

So my third character was born. If I gotta kill a lotta bad guys, might as well make sense of it, so Bounty Hunter Papa Thorson is born. I'm up to Lvl 6 but this time I'm going to do the initial main faction quests alongside my other shoot n' loot activities, see if that helps. (i.e. get through the tutorial'esque stuff, go to the point where you've met each Constellation member)

Honestly, my sneaking suspicion is that won't help a ton either.

I'm having moderate to severe doubts at the moment about the viability of any sort of RP playthrough because of how the end game / new game stuff works.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-02-2023 at 10:17 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote