View Single Post
Old 10-14-2023, 10:08 AM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I hold court.

I spend 100 prestige and hear petitioners. I can do this once every five years

The first petitioner is Earl Ragnvald II of Ormond and his wife. He suspects someone of trying to kill his wife has no proof, and blames Earl Muiredach of Desmond who has positioned himself as an enemy of the Countess.

I have three options:

1. We Have to Stop Him – Relations with him drop 20 by each of us with the other and I can imprison him; 10 gain with Ragnvald II and his Countess
2. Interrogate him – Two possible – He admits and we imprison him, or he is caught in a lie, relations drop by 30 with him,and 15 his family, gain 10 with Ragnvald II and his Countess or he doesn’t and relations drop with the Countess by 10.
3. Malice is Not a Crime – Relations drop by 10 of the Earl and his Countess and raise with Earl of Desmond by 10.

So the best one with little issue is the “Malice is Not a Crime” one since the Earl of Osmond admits he has no proof. And his relations are +26 with him and would drop to 16, still positive. I do that one

Two petitioners left.

Petitioner #2 – I should like a Veal Cutlet

We have under House Arrest Maire. She complains about the food and petitions for roast swan. Our Knight Cennetig arrives who was supposed to be watching Maire but apologizes for letting her out as she duped him.

I have four options:

1. Chefs Cook Her the Finest Meal Served – Court Grandeur +6, she becomes my friend
2. House Arrest Means Dignity, Let them Roam the Grounds – I lose 10 Dread all House Arrest leave their places under supervision
3. Cennetig You are Unworthy to be Called a Knight – He is dismissed and loses 15 relations
4. Wrathful Option Only – Off to the Dungeon with You – Maire moves from House Arrest to imprisoned.

I like the 1st that increases our Court Grandeur. I choose it.

Petitioner #3 – A Place at Court

This is from our knight, Bhatair. He wants to serve at my side with the honor of protecting me.

I again have four options:

1. You have the job, Bhatair - I appoint him as my bodyguard – relations increase by 10
2. I have a different job for you – He becomes my personal champion - +10 relations here too
3. I have something special for you! – He becomes my court jester, -15 relations
4. You are unsuited to the post - -10 relations

Let’s look closely at his stats

Bhatair – 2/17/7/4/2 – see that 17 Martial? He also has a good prowess with 18, so he makes sense for bodyguard or personal champion. Here’s my next question – what do those cost - like my doctor’?

Bodyguard – 50% chance to stop assassination attempt, always travels with my leader, base salary 0.5.

Personal Champion – Can take ruler’s place in trial by combat, reduced Dread decay boosts to both prestige, base salary 0.25.

I prefer the role of Bodyguard but I don’t have 0.5 cash monthly to spend on it. Personal Champion is pretty cheap and not bad, but I don’t need it, so I decline and drop 10 in relations because I just spent loads of ash making two titles. Sorry Bhatair you are actually well suited!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote