View Single Post
Old 10-18-2023, 07:35 AM   #29
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our first Welch holding and thing outside of Ireland!!!!

I can only have 5 direct holdings with my new Steward so I am at my max with Athlone, Ossory, Ceredigion, Ennis and Thomond.

15 Sept, 1086 – Twenty years have passed!!!

2 Jan, 1087 – Our Sway Scheme on Earl Cu Ulagh of Ulster finishes and our relations rise to +34. Next is Earl Muiredach at 0.

23 Mar – We finish fabricating a claim on the Principality of Powys next door’s Penllyn – do I want to grab it and DOW with just 919 soldiers for defense? The problem is that they are allies. So I could, go to war with them both, call in Scotland …no not right now.

I don’t pay the 75 cash.

9 April – I am wounded

3 May - I am treated

15 May – Earl Olav uses the hook with me to renegotiate his feudal contract.

9 June – Raiders from Jarl Taitur are in my territory

I assemble my army of 2315 to relieve the raid in Desmond

23 July – We begin battle against the 1724 strong force

15 Aug – We win! We drop their force to 1020

17 Aug – I catch pneumonia – Abban gives me herbs and I feel better

9 Sept – I gain a new Military Perk which is Engineered for Destruction +40% siege weapons

18 Sept – The raiders fled Ireland and I disband my army

29 Sept, 1087 – Our High King Murchad mac Donnchad of Ireland, age 60, passes

Our new High King is Brian mac Murchad, age 39, Arrogant, Impatient, Generous, Tough Solider – stats – 11/11/10/5/5 prowess 4. Nothing great. That Arrogant will be an issue as our vassals don’t like it, but they do like Generous. 537 prestige, 176 piety

I am not endorsed by the Archbishop and thus losing that cash.

Only he is in my council so who do I want to send to various spots?

Key vassals, we have 5:

Earl Murchad – was dad’s General with 9 Martial. Has lower stats of 6/9/10/2/3
Duke Ruadri – was dad’s Spymaster with 10 intrigue, has solid sats in places of 6/14/4/10/3
Earl Aed VI – Was moved off dad’s council after supported rebellion – 7/5/25/13/11 – obviously he’s awesome as my Steward
Earl Olav – 3/6/8/15/6 – Strong Spymaster option with 15 intrigue
Earl Muiredach – Was dad’s Chanceller for diplomacy – 7/4/14/2/1 – and 7 is okay there and the best of my key vassals so far

Here’s what I like:

Duke Ruadri – Martial – 14
Earl Aed VI – Steward – 25
Earl Olav – Spymaster – 15
Earl Muiredach – Chancellor – 7

And then Murchad will be left out

I do it. Murchad has relations of -35. I make nice with the Archbishop at enough to raise in one go.

I choose a new Lifestyle and I choose Martial since that’s my background. I was already focused in Overseer which increases dread and control gain and stuff like that. I need one more Perk to finish it.

5 Oct – I want to make new alliances. First is Gwynedd who won’t ally with me normally, so I need to set up an alliance by marriage. I do the Prince who is 44 and wife passed, with my half-sister 13 year old Fine which will raise her prestige by 200 and his by 300

14 Oct – They agree and we are allied again!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote