View Single Post
Old 10-18-2023, 09:03 PM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

28 Dec – Earl Olav lets me know that Earl Aed VI is planning something against me so I order him watched.

I find out he’s a non-believer but lost 30 relations with him. Does that give me a hook since he has allied with Murchad against me? Yes, it’s a hook, can I get him to call off the coalition against me with it? I need to blackmail him first and do so. We drop relations another 15.

2 Jan, 1088 – We accepts the blackmail and I’ve gained the hook now

Now can I get him to drop the coalition stuff? Nope and now he’s not happy. That may not have worked like I thought it would.

Since Murchad doesn’t like me since he’s not on my council and is on the faction against me with Aed VI and then Aed is should I swap them back and make him my Steward with his 10 Stewardship? That would be a hit in cash from 24 to 10 Steward, but it might be worth it. Right now I am taking home 6.9 monthly in cash after costs and then Murchad is -35. I do it and Murchad goes to positive +15 and we are now making 6.5

4 April -Our Court Grandeur drops to 0 and I head there and increase my homes from Minutes to Small and that costs me 0.2 monthly

17 April – We have two Court Events:

Event #1 Finger Bones of an Old King – We have a peddler who is selling artifact bones. Do I want to buy these? It costs me 25 cash. I do so.

Event #2 - Foremost Knight – We have a disagreement for two is the best Knight in the realm. They want to hold a duel, I have them do it with training swords.

I Hold Court:

I spend 100 prestige.

Petitioner #1 – In Ancient Times
– A wizened figure that claims to be an antiquarian wants cash to research my family tree. I agree, pay him 25, and raise court grandeur by 14

Petitioner #2 – Monument Restoration
– A Welsh lady from Ceredigion is here and wants damaged statue from the recent war restored. That would cost 50 of 601, drop my stress by 20 since I am generous and improve Welsh/Irish relations by 10. I do it

Petitioner #3 – Ailech Dancing – A peasant women from the Castle of Ailech has been dancing and is dancing here too and she is bleeding. Our Court Physician says it’s because of an imbalance in her humors.

I have three options:

1. Dancing? Great! - Ailech struck by Dancing Plague for 10 years
2. Pray for Deliverance – I get +100 piety, their outbreak is contained
3. Bring out the Leeches – I get +20 relations with my Court Physician and their outbreak is also constrained.

I choose the middle.

18 Apr – Our Court Grandeur rises to level 3

Our In Ancient Times comes back, our relations with vassals, courtiers and family raise by 5 each that’s enough to get the support from our Archbishop and we now get an additional 0.1 monthly from church holdings. I also lost 25 stress

Looks like Murchad left the faction against me

13 July – My Spymaster has found out who was scheming against my Knight Cennetig – it’s Earl Cu Uladh.

31 July – Our Sway Scheme on Our Archbishop works – next Cu Uladh – we’re at -10 relations

2 Nov – My Church holding monthly cash gain is now a healthy 1.3

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote