View Single Post
Old 10-22-2023, 10:41 AM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Gwynedd won their war against England. Nice! They are allied to a Duchy in Scotland but not the Kingdom of Scotland…will they join me?

So, should I try to ally with England instead to have them in my back pocket in case I need a Deus Ex Machina? That might be good because then they’d invade on my schedule not theirs. Can I get an alliance? We have +8 relations already but unlike Gwynedd they are not family or a lower nation that wants an alliance.

How about a marriage? The ruler is 42 year old William “Curthose” and he has three sons one of age, one of which is married, and then another son who is 12. I could try and marry his third born son of 5 and my oldest daughter who is 3 when they age. But I’d prefer a future marriage with my oldest son who is 9 and their daughter since then my heirs would be related to the English crown. But they don’t have any daughters.

This is going to be rough, but I hope I can call on Gwynedd.

Fortune Favors the Bold!

I start working on a claim on mainland Galloway which has strait crossing with the Isle of Man and Ulster

I declare war for the Isle of Man which Scotland calls “Mon”

It costs me 50 prestige.

The 2nd Ireland-Scotland War

Can I call Gwynedd to War? Yes and it costs me 150 prestige. This is my first war without my grandfather Murchad leading it since we weren’t to grab that land in southern Wales due to the war that grabbed them in one shot.

I call up my army in my capital.

1 Dec – My Archbishop is not swayed, so we try again

7 Dec – I have assembled 2642 men and order them to Mon

18 Jan, 1097 – Gwynedd arrives in Mon and begins the siege – they have 1942

4 Feb – We join them. This should last around 4 months

28 April – We capture Mon! We have a warscore of +5. Next is Galloway.

25 May – We arrive in Galloway to siege and then Gwynedd is next door in Carrick sieging. This should take 8 months for both. The rebels are sieging Annandale next to us

16 Sept – The Inspiration for Lachtnae and he comes back with something!

Jewelry Casket:

Lasts for 120 years, +0.5 piety monthly, +0.13 renown mothly,+3 grandeur - I display it!

12 Oct – Inspiration for Mechthilid is done! She comes back too! She has:

House Jewelry Casket:

Piety +0.6 monthly, +0.1 renown monthly, +3 grandeur – I display it too

15 Oct - Carrick falls to Gwynedd warscore of +20

31 Oct – Annandale beside me falls to the rebels

16 Nov – We capture Galloway. I sacked 34 cash and capture a Knight prisoner. I head to Cumberland

15 Dec – We arrive and begin sieging

4 Jan, 1098 – Rebels are attacking Ayrshire

27 Feb – The Sway Scheme worked this time on our Archbishop – next is Earl Olav

4 Mar – Gwynedd captures the rebel held Annandale and our warscore rises to +51

18 Mar – Gwynedd is sieging Teviotdale.

12 April – I unlock a new learning perk I choose Sanctioned Loopholes which let me Buy Claim Interaction

4 May – Ayrshire falls and the rebels are moving to us in Carrick

11 May – Our Court Grandeur rises to level 4

5 July – Cumberland falls to us, our warscore is +73 and we gained 22 in cash from the sack

I head to Carrick

24 July – I hit next door and they flee, I head to Ayrshire

Our claim to CB Galloway is done, I pay 90 and bribe and we’ve got it!

9 Aug – We arrive in Ayrshire and begin our siege

28 Sept – Ayrshire falls, we sack 9, warscore is +83. I head north to the rebel captured Lennox

23 Oct – We begin the siege of Lennox – this is much longer and should take around 10 months

11 Nov – Event -Promising Young Recruit – We are brought a young man by our Martial Duke Ruadri named Uargus that’s lowborn but worthy, I welcome him to our team.

19 Nov – Gwynedd begins sieging the west of us Argjall

4 Jan, 1099 – The Prince of Gwynedd passes, but their new leader continues the war effort

2 Feb – Event – Exotic Arms – The arrival of arms merchants are herein our capital, I can purchase Karn Sarimar’s Laminar Armor for 150 gold, but I don’t lead from the front. I don’t

2 Mar – Argjall falls and we have a warscore of +100!

Let’s get muh island! It’s not worth that much, but it’s easy to defend

I get 20 fame and the Island:

Isle of Man – Two baronies, 0 control, Catholic but Gaelic culture, it’s in a Duchy by itself called Mon, one half hills the other plains, 6 development, has a -14 reaction.

I disband my army. Thanks Gwynedd!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote