View Single Post
Old 10-22-2023, 07:53 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The (First?) Ireland/Gwynedd War

I do not call in Aragon since this should be doable solo. It cost me 188 Prestige to DOW them.

6 Jan – I call up my armies.

13 Jan – My army of 3012 is assembled and I send it their captial

8 Feb – Their army of 1678 has arrived in Ceredigion and begins a siege - I divert my army there

9 Mar – We are unloading from the Irish Sea and they break off their siege and flee - I chase

14 Mar – We capture them and begin battle

13 April – We win and force them back from Ceredigion, on to their capital I have a warscore of +11.

26 April – We arrive in Meirionnydd, begin a siege that will take around 10 months.

17 June – Their remaining 1386 arrives at and begins a siege in the Isle of Man – it should take around 8 months, the same as mine in their capital. I stay here in their captial since that should give a higher % warscore.

5 Oct – We capture Meirionnydd! We have a warscore of +35, we sacked 29 and captured a prisoner. The Isle of Man will fall in around 4 months. I order my army here to relieve the siege.

21 Nov – We arrive in the Isle of Man and fight the siegers

13 Dec – We win and force them from the Isle of Man. We have a warscore of +49. I order my troops to the holding of Perfeddwlad to chase them,

24 Jan, 1102 – We arrive in Perfeddwlad and begin battle.

16 Feb – We win and our warscore is now +61. I begin a siege here it should last around 7 months

26 Mar – They arrive into the captial to resiege it which is in 5 months, so I head over to drive them out

4 April – My wife is preggers

9 May – We face them.

21 May – My mother passes and I gain stress of 20

22 June – We win and the warscore is +71 - I head back to Perfeddwlad

20 July – They arrive back at the capital and I order my army back to head since it would end in 5 months to our 7

3 Aug – We arrive and fight

21 Aug – We win but only gain three more warscore and are now at +74 – I head back to siege Eryri

25 Aug – Our claim on Powys’s Ferlix is up and I spend 90 to get it.

29 Aug – We arrive and it should take 6 months to capture

2 Nov – We give birth to a new daughter which my Wife wants to name after the virgin Mary ”Maria” and I agree.

20 Nov – I can gain a new learning perk – I choose the first one in Theologian and get +10 relations with clergy.

16 Jan, 1103 – Eryri falls, we have a warscore of +100 and we sacked 16 cash.

I do peace:

I gain 100 fame, I spend 100 prestige

I disband my army.

Duchy of Gwynedd:

Eyns Mon –
Islands off the coast, strait to Eryri – Two baronies, owned by Lord Cadfan who is my vassal, Welch and Catholic, 100 control, -73 relations, type of plains, 7 development,

Eryri - Strait to Enys Mon, west of Perfeddwlad, north of Meirionnydd. Controlled by Lord Llywelyn, -100 relations, 3 Baronies, types of Hills Plains and Mountains, Welsh and Catholic, 100 control. 7 development here too.

Meirionnydd
– South of Eryri, north of Ceredigion which is in Gwynedd by the by, southwest of Perfeddwlad two holdings, both Hills, Welsh and Catholic, 8 development, Also run by Lord Llywelyn

Perfeddwlad – East of Eryri, northeast of Meirionnydd – Three holdings, development level of 8,land types of Hills, Welsh and Catholic, held by Lord Llywelyn too.

I have a few issues from this. First of all, I have the Prince of Gwynedd title, not the former one Llewelyn who was dropped to Lord. He is not a key vassal. Because i have three Duchy titles I am losing relations with my vassals, I need to get rid of one since I am a King. I cannot give away Munster so that’s Llywelyn as Gwynedd or Earl of Dubhlinn’s Meath.

I want to give Llywelyn the Prince of Gwynedd Title but that will likely take Ceredigion. What to do? I give him the title again.

He gets +60 relations for giving him a Duchy title.

Prince of Gwynedd
Llywelyn – Age 46, Welsh and Catholic, 5/11/5/6/7, prowess of 17, wow, traits of Humble, Sadistic, Shy and his background is Skilled Tactician. -42 relations.

I start swaying him.

He did not take Ceredigion. Is he a key vassal now? Not yet, but maybe after a bit

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote