View Single Post
Old 10-23-2023, 05:39 PM   #37
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The older I get, the easier arena shows become. I'm not a sit down during a show guy -- I actively avoid "table venues", I'm just not a dinner theater kinda guy & that's what those feel like to me -- but it's also kinda nice to sit down before/between sets at this point in my life.

Club shows are getting tougher & tougher on my back and my knees, really noticeable for the past year+.

Yeah, I'm not that far behind you. For all my shit talking about arena shows every so often I will end up in a club or theater that has actual seating and I will remark to myself "Oh, this is nice"...but it's a fine line between available seating and a show during which you can eat stadium nachos.

I ended up at a venue a couple weeks ago that is an old high-school, and they use the auditorium for shows & will either leave the seats in or pull them all out, depending on the act...but the floor is sloped for those seats, so if they pull them out then everybody is standing on sloped concrete for fucking hours....that was the first time I ever experienced that, and it suuuuuuucked. My ankles were mush afterwards.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote