View Single Post
Old 10-29-2023, 12:17 PM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After the war my army is down to 2663 of 3184. I’ll need time to reload my army. I’ll also need to keep attention on Powys’s ally France to hold off on attacking them until they are distracted to then have half of Wales and England half, so no one can form the Kingship

I have an option to create a hybrid culture with a high enough Cultural Acceptance. That would get raised by handing off culture provinces to people of that culture, or having a Councilor raise Cultural Acceptance and then I can choose both Culture’s Pillars and Traditions and unlock both Innovations which are the slower techs. My new couture will have high relations with both other cultures.

Do I want to create a hybrid with Irish/Welsh?

We cannot because we have fewer than +40 relations

I only have 342 cash so I need to save up cash from the long war.

22 Jan – Our heir is now 16!!!

Mael-Michil – 16 years old, Catholic, Franconian (He got his mother’s culture, this can happen), Charming, Temperate, Fickle, Compassionate, stats are 12/7/7/7/4 – not great, his prowess is 10, Adequate Bargainer is his background. I’ll need to ward his son to bring him back to Irish.

I agree to bring in his fiancé from Aragon. Infanta arrives

2 Feb – We have a Court Event:

Court Event – Sartorial Sting
– I overhead my wife getting upset at a guest named Jozsef – they are debating about our court fashion sense. He doesn’t like it at all. She approaches me and asks me to kick him out.

I have three options:

1. Come Dear, He is only Ribbing Us – I gain 75 prestige, I lose 6 grandeur, relations with my wife reduced by 10.
2. I Suppose We Could Make More of an Effort – We lose 5 relations with my wife, Set my Court Fashion to “Decent”. This creates a shot of my wife becoming my rival.
3. Passe? Passe? – Jozsef leaves my court, I gain 10 relations with my wife, I gain the trait for 3 years of “Inhospitable Host”

What do I like? I don’t want to lose grandeur and I don’t want that trait for a trio of years, but I don’t want a shot of rivaling my wife either. So, where do we go and what do we do? I do 2. Our court upkeep increases by 0.4 a month from level 1 to level 3 “Decent”

I spend 100 Prestige to Hold Court:

Petitioner #1 – The Day of Truth
– My Steward Earl Olav petitions and want so do a survey of the realm to know everyone’s stuff to increase tax revenue.

I have three options:

1. Begin the Survey – I pay 145 cash to start it, Earl Olav relations increase by 20
2. If I want to increase taxes, I can just increase their level – I gain 80 stress since I am Just, I gain 10 cash per vassal
3. It’s not Worth It – I lose 20 relations with Olav.

I begin the survey.

Petitioner #2 – The Isle of Man Out of Control
– I am approached by a peasant from the Isle of Man. He complains about the levels of bloodshed and says we can get better results there without it. Remember that my Marshal is there increasing Control.

I also have three options here too
:

1. Curious Idea, Let’s try It – I gain +20 control there
2. What we need is EXCESSIVE Bloodshed – We get there for ten years the event “Increased Presence”
3. Here Do What you can with This – I pay 15 cash to gain +10 control

I choose #1

Petitioner #3 – A Call to War – Iorwerth approaches me, who has the claim to Powys and wants me to go to war with them, take over, and swear fealty to me.

Here are my three options:

1. It Is a Beautiful Day for War – We gain a strong hook with Iorwerth, DOW Powys and then lose 2 Cultural Relations with Welsh/Irish.
2. Please Depart at Once I cannot Afford to Offend the Prince – He leaves, gets -20 relations and I gain 20 with Powys
3. I Cannot Help You, But Please Enjoy my Court’s Hospital – He stays, I get +10 relations with him,

I choose the 3rd and gain him as a Courtier. I can give him Welsh properties I need to take off the board later and then increase our relations.

Isle of Man
– 52 control now, making 1.1 cash and with the Gaelic culture and Just 6 dev and two holdings, that’s nice. Levies 275

28 Feb – Duke Llywelyn has begun a faction against me for independence. Hopefully my Sway Schemes will stop that later

14 April – Event – The Stolen Keg – My daughter Ciar stole a Keg and then my other daughter Sinech was caught returning it. Ciar gains Diligent.

21 April – My Court Grandeur level rises to 5

8 Aug – Earl Olav’s survey is done!!! I went from making 13.7 monthly to 13.9 for 30 years

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote