View Single Post
Old 10-29-2023, 01:20 PM   #24
BrixtonFC
n00b

Remember how I said earlier that I had no coaches but in the database post I said I did? Also remember saying I had Belorussia originally but changed my mind? Well, combine that will the whole simulating until Youth Intake Day thing, I didn’t get the chance to see that all my staff except my AssMan had contracts that expired on 30 June 2013. So the first order of business was signing coaches and a Head of Youth Development.

Well look at that! All my old staff are just sitting out there with no team to work for. I offer them contacts and luckily my HOYD agrees immediately. The rest of the staff sign the next day before the Youth Candidates take on the U18 team. The Youth win 3-0 with Gary Allan getting Player of the Match for scoring 2 goals. Paul Ward got the other playing from the Right Midfielder position in a 4-4-2.

I had planned on going with the Shaun Smith as Captain and Gary Allan as Vice Captain but quickly decided I need an extra body or two and someone who could mentor some of the youths.

Meet our Captain, Neil McMath. (Shouldn’t that be McMaths? We’re in England after all.)

Neil McMath
Neil McMath, DC, DM, M/AMC (Stars: 2.0/5.0)I was drawn in by his Determination, Leadership, Teamwork, Work Rate and physicals but he’s really not skilled at playing football. His Stamina will allow him to play full games and he should be ready for the next match quite easily. He’ll end up being a Core player, Core in this case being what I call my midfielders who can play DMC, MC, and AMC. I use Cores because ultimately I’ll be playing 4-4-2 Diamond and two self-created formations I call Arrow and Anchor, which I’ll explain once I get the right personnel for them.

Now let’s get to our first match!

vs. Canterbury City, 15 March 2014
vs. Canterbury City, 15 March 2014

Starting Formation: 4-4-2 Control
Starting 11: Madley, Mason, Mumba, Osborne, Miles, Ward, Egan, McMath, Dunne, Allan, Bowerman
Subs: Barness, Walker, Bodin, Hill, Smith

Allan’s first goal was a nice header from a Paul Ward cross, simply effortless. Egan’s freak goal looked like a cross attempt about 6 yards toward the sideline from the corner of the 18-yard box. I think he was aiming for Dunne who was at the opposite corner of the goal all by his lonesome. Allan’s second goal was an early cross from Mumba, about 12 yards deep into Brixton territory. Canterbury’s DC l completely misjudged the flight of the ball and Allan chased it and sent a screamer in from about 10 yards out. Canterbury’s goal was well-deserved with their ML beating Mason then Madley from a very tight angle. Bowerman got his goal with an easy header from a rebound off the crossbar from Barness’ long-range attempt in the aftermath of our corner attempt.

On the downside, new-signing McMaths was injured the 40th minute but he was able to see out the game. Luckily it’s just a dead leg so he’ll only be out 3 to 4 days.

The Week Between
I was also thinking I would just stay with the original 16 players (plus 1) but another fallout of having simmed so much of the first season is that I missed the opportunity to opt-out of the U18 and U23 leagues. Ergo, I need bodies. Over the next two weeks I’ll sign several youths to round-out the U18 team, who I’ll introduce later.

Last edited by BrixtonFC : 10-29-2023 at 01:21 PM.
BrixtonFC is offline   Reply With Quote