View Single Post
Old 11-01-2023, 06:25 PM   #25
BrixtonFC
n00b

vs. Tunbridge Wells, 22 March 2014
vs. Tunbridge, 22 March 2014

Starting 11: Madley, Walker, Mumba, Osborne, Miles, Ward, Smith, McMath, Dunne, Allan, Bowerman
Subs: Mason, Barness, Walker, Bodin, Hill, Egan

Allan once again with two goals and PoM award! It’s a pretty straightforward play coming along the left wing with a Bowerman low cross right to Allan’s feet who just taps it in as the goalie is in no position to defend. Bowerman’s goal is a forceful hit from 6 yards out. It came again from the left with Dunne feeding Bowerman. Tunbridge’s goal comes down the middle with their two forwards out-smarting and out-pacing Mumba and Osborne. Allan’s second goal again comes from a deep cross from Brixton territory, this time about 3 yards deep and coming from Ward. It goes straight to Bowerman who nods it on to a streaking Allan, who blasts it from the 18-yard line.

The Week Between
Here are the 15 players I signed for the U18 team. I expect a couple will graduate to the Seniors team by the start of next season. I make a point of only signing players with Determination and Natural Fitness in the double-digits. I try to avoid bad personalities but I did take a stab at two.
· GK Josh Hancock: Strictly filler, no future.
· DR Ryan Metcalf: Can play a lot of positions and is a Model Professional but really has no future. I’ll keep him around so long as he’s cheap and productive.
· DC Andrew Hammond: Can only play one position but will try to add DR. No real future.
· DC Derek Kinniburgh: Can only play one position but has loads of potential. Is Unambitious so I’m hoping the McMaths tutoring will turn him around.
· DC James Davies: Is left-footed but is Competent at DR. I will try to add DL but not convinced he’ll be around many years.
· DC Matt Anderson: Can also play DMC and MC but is also Unambitious. He’ll be tutored by McMaths after Kinniburgh but probably won’t stick around.
· MC Nick Mason: Can play a lot of positions down the middle and DR in a pinch. Has a 20 Determination and some potential so he should stick.
· WBL Lewis Williams: I’ll eventually have a need for Wingbacks and maybe he’ll get to play. Probably not.
· MR Gary Spence: I’ll eventually have a need for Attacking Midfielders and maybe he’ll get to play. Probably not.
· ML Conall Lamont: Ultimately, I’ll need players who can play attacking wingers in the Arrow formation who can then slide into central midfield in the Anchor formation to close out the game. Lamont will probably get some starts in the future.
· AML Kyle Blair: He’s Professional, he can play AML and ML, and has loads of potential. He’ll eventually start for us.
· MC John Breen: Future Core player but that at this moment cannot play DMC.
· ST Lee West: He can play AMC and MC too and has a boatload of potential. Definitely gonna be around a long while.
· ST Ian Collins: Very Ambitious and can play AML. Going to be good I feel.
· ST Jim Murdoch: He’s just filler. A Resolute filler, but filler nonetheless.

We didn’t have a match set for Saturday, 29 March 2014 so I arranged a friendly with the U18 squad to see how the new arrivals fare and keep my Seniors match fit. It was a 3-0 drubbing with Allan and Bowerman once again shining. None of the U18s did well with Kinniburgh and Collins being especially stinky.

Last edited by BrixtonFC : 11-01-2023 at 06:46 PM.
BrixtonFC is offline   Reply With Quote