View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 12:44 PM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

25 Jan, 1114 – I unlock a new Learning Perk and I choose Religious Icon that gives me Faster Conversions.

24 Feb – Event – A Scheme at Court – My Spymaster tells me about someone planning to kill one of my guests. I set up shop to stop it

12 May – My Chancellor Earl Muiredach passes from weird circumstances. He was Earl of Desmond.

The new Earl:

Earl Tadg II – 0 years old, so they are in a regency.

I need a new Chancellor which needs a good Diplomacy. What key vassals are not with a Court Appointment? The Dukes of the Isles and Gwynedd and then Porbjorn has a nice 10 Dip to Llewelyn’s 5, so I appoint him. Our relations rise from +20 to +80

30 May – Inspiration Event – Considered Opinion – Our smith is updating me on his progress and then I have three options two to give him advice which will drop relations by 10 but give me a % of 63 to increase our quality, or I can butt out and I gain 21 stress from the two advises, so I do the learning challenge one which has an 83% but just for a small increase in value.

20 July – A Faction for Independence for Gwynedd begins. Looks like they have a new Duke that replaced Llewlyn.

Duke Cadgwan II –
32 years old, relations of -21, Zealous, Callous, Impatient, background of Insightful Thinker, stats of 6/11/8/9/12 and prowess of 7, Catholic and Welsh. Since this just happened he does not count as a key vassal yet. Is there someone I want to change? His Martial is 11 and that’s my huge 18 for Duke Tadg II of Connacht.

I move swaying from Earl Aed VII to him.

1 Sept – I now have more than 2k Prestige. Do I want to reform Irish or save it for War with Scotland after my cash is flush? Right now I have 192 cash, so that future War for the Duchy of Moray will be soon. I’ll wait

23 Sept – We capture the one scheming against our guest, and it was another guest. I send him to jail.

27 Sept – Inspiration Event – Up Late – We drink mead until the late hours in Richard’s shop. He embraces me and wants to sleep with me. I can sleep with hm and lose stress since I am lustful, but the artifact will drop in value since we are having the sex. Or I can tell him no, and nothing happens, or I can expose his secret, drop quality relations drop 30 and then I gain 50 piety.

I choose no.

19 Oct – Event – I get the Stolen Keg again, this time stealing it is my grandson Burchard! He didn’t drink since he’s Temperate and I encourage it

26 Nov – Our Blacksmith Richard is done with the Goblet!

Richard’s Goblet –
Masterwork Pedestal Item – 90 years, +0.06 prestige month, +3 grandeur

I display it!

1 April, 1115 – My Martial finishes building up control in the Isle of Man. Next is training leaders.

The Isle of Man – 100 control, now making us 2.06 monthly and levies of 295 – wow that’s a lot from a 6 Development,2 Baronies, Gaelic culture holding!

My current cash is 266 and I’m pretty close to being ready for War against Scotland.

6 May – My Chancellor has shown that our peace treaty with Powys is fake and we can DOW them again.

21 May – Sway Scheme with Duke Cadgwan II increases our relations by 25 to +10 and I stay on him.

14 July – Our Archbishop Lutbert passes.

Our new one:

Archbishop Dalmau Berenguer
– Age 36, Catholic, Catalan culture, relations of +100 because of my Theological Education modifiers. Stats of 6/9/11/7/23 – nasty learning! His traits are Wrathful, Callous and Shy. Mastermind Philosopher.

Since we are getting that huge relations, our monthly taxes from Churches at 2.1 doesn’t change.

The Duke of Gwynedd is now a Key Vassal and relations drop to -32.

27 Nov – Duke of Gwynedd Cadgwan II approaches and wants to renew his vows, and I agree.

24 Dec – My daughter in law, Infanta from Aragon wants to sleep with me. I don’t want to annoy my son, so I decline, but I have six options. I gain 42 stress since I am lustful.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote