View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 01:10 PM   #801
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's the Joe Rogan/Rand Paul "Look how smart I am because I question everything and go against the grain/norms" BS. They've taken what is otherwise an important idea - think for yourself - and combined it with this "the worldview is liberal and therefore always wrong" mindset, and turned into a contrarian philosophy that rubs elbows with conspiracy theories, anti-government sentiment, and fallacies/lies that speaks to a not insignificant percentage of the population who want to feel smart (or prove it to the public on social media) because they go against the general consensus on a lot of topics.

It started with climate change 25 or so years ago and then when Covid came around, it spread to vaccinations, and rigged elections, etc. And of course, once you tie something like this into a political movement, it just explodes.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-03-2023 at 01:11 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote