View Single Post
Old 11-23-2023, 11:30 AM   #32
BrixtonFC
n00b

vs. AFC Rushden & Diamonds, 22 May 2014 @ Wembley (FA Vase Final)

Starting Formation: Arrow
Starting 11: Madley, Walker, Mumba, Osborne, Miles, McMath, Smith, Ward, Bowerman, Allan, Dunne
Subs: Mellor, Mason, Barness, Bodin, Hill, Egan, West

Now That’s What I Call Hammering II! I was actually a little worried about this match seeing as AFC R&D are a league above us and has something to play for. Luckily, a seven-minute, 4-goal blitz in the second half sealed the match.

Again, Gary Allan got things started with a 13th-minute powerful kick from 8 yards out that came from a counter-attack; Dunne supplied the assist. Dunne’s first goal came from some simple short passes on the right side touched by about half the team. Rushden pulled one back after McMath fails to understand that we’re the ones in red jerseys and then Miles is caught staring at the pitch-side adverts.

Then begins The Blitz. 52’ Ward sends in a corner kick right to Osborne’s head. 54’ Miles makes up for his earlier error, beginning a counter-attack culminating with Bowerman sending in a cross to the far side where Ward makes an easy header. 58’ another Bowerman header but this time at the near post where Dunne gets an easy header. 59’ another Bowerman cross, another Dunne goal, but this one off his left foot. Booyah! We win the FA Vase! One season, two trophies! I am the best ever!

I was expecting a bigger crowd but it was still large enough to net us almost £22,000. That allows us to only lose £5,645 for the season. We still have over £12 million in the bank!

In the year-in-review for the FA Vase, we are listed as the Biggest Overachievers. We had already made it to the Semi-Final before I returned from my “holiday” with a bunch of youth talent in tow, so I would say were we overachieving considering it was the “greys” who got us there.

(For those not in the know, “greys” are procedurally-generated players automatically added to your squads if you don’t have enough players. They are called “grey” because they don’t have actually faces but just a dark gray outline of their heads. They are not the aliens that are stored at Area 52.)

(For those not in the know, Area 52 is like Area 51 but one better, like Angus McSix.)

Additionally, Steven Bowerman is the Top Assists producer for the cup with 4. Gary Allan scored 4 goals but some shmoe playing for Shildon scored 6.

Some of you astute ones in the audience may have noticed that I have made no mention of the FA Cup. That’s because you cannot enter the FA Cup until your club has been in existence for 5 years. In the initial database I set the founding year as 2011 which I believe means we won’t be able to participate until the 2016/2017 season. I think we’ll be in the Conference South by then.
BrixtonFC is offline   Reply With Quote