View Single Post
Old 11-24-2023, 01:35 PM   #24
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

A few other gems from my Dad (who suffered a TBI just over 3 months ago):

1. Another family was having a similar dinner with a patient at a table near us and a woman sneezed and my Dad said, "He has such a cute bark." He's been focused on dogs the last couple days and we're not sure why.

2. He was staring out the window and my brother asked him what he was looking at. He said, "I was just staring into space. People think you are a genius when you do that."

3. They brought him dinner on Wednesday evening and it was Mexican. There was some sort of very chunky tomato salsa in a cup. He pointed and said, "Is that frogs?" I told him to try it and let us know. He took a bite and said, "Yep, it's frogs."

4. We've been trying to get him to write things so I asked him to write my name. He said, "I don't have to write nothin', I'm retired" and started laughing.

5. He told me someone knocked him out (I guess referring to his vague understanding that he had a head injury) and my Mom corrected him and told him he fell and hit his head. He turned to me and said, "Do you believe she can lie with a straight face?"

6. In addition to his obvious mental condition, his hearing is shot. Part of his issue is that he can't understand what people are saying. My mom kept asking him something and he didn't understand, and then he turned to me and said, "There are a lot of advantages to being deaf. You can play stupid."

It was a frustrating, encouraging and entertaining 48 hours.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote