View Single Post
Old 11-28-2023, 01:08 PM   #571
QuikSand
lolzcat

The Team Diamonds program is announced for later this week. Where I didn't get much out of the Blitz, this is my cup of tea, for sure.

Short version: TD will be one player per franchise, usually I think they have been notable players from the fairly recent past (rather than current players), and usually built out with at least a partial eye toward the needs of the theme teamers, like me. The cards will be creatable through complex sets, that usually involve a lot of specific cards from that franchise.

So, the Chargers might get a high-rated (people are guessing 92s, which is the practical ceiling right now, I would have guessed 91s) card for someone like... hmm, let's say FS Eric Weddle. The set for him might include one copy each of something like 20 different Chargers cards, from 75-rated punter up to maybe a few 86- or 97-rated cards. Buy you need all 20 of them to complete the set and get the prize.

And then to top it off, they usually create a grand TD champion card that is a few clicks ahead of the MUT universe, that you get as a reward for building all 32 TD sets. Last year when the top cards were 93s, and TDs came out as 92s, they released a 95 John Elway with all 32 team chemistries. People lose their minds over this.

It's a great way to invigorate the market, to be honest. Some people work for days and days to get the top card. I don't mind spending 15 minutes flipping around in the marketplace looking for bargains, but I have never invested the time to do this stuff. I will, however, get familiar with one or two of these sets specifically, and try to make money off them. It has worked as a durable engine for me in past years, I look forward to it.

So, mister Santa, please bring my Chargers theme team...

HB
QB
RG
DE
DT
CB
LG
FB

LFG!
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote