View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 10:55 AM   #10
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Jarring and unrealistic is right. In the vast majority of cases where UFA’s sign multi-year big money contracts with new clubs, I know they’ll just be released after the first year of their deal. I mean, it happens in real life too but not to the extreme that it does in the game right now. A wide receiver making 10 million per could put up his best statistical season in year 1 of the deal signed with his new team. 1,500 yards with 12 touchdowns and 115 receptions. Basically exceeding expectations and they still get released after that season. A big time defensive player could put up 15 sacks with 12 tackles for loss and have his best statistical season by far with his new club. Released after year one. Etc..Etc.. Teams will release damn near their entire wide receiver room after winning their division and leading the league in receiving yards lol

Thankfully most of the big time superstar players are saved from the releasing issue, thankfully. But it’s still a big time problem overall.

It’s one thing for teams to release underachieving players. But it’s another for teams to release productive players “just because.”

My CAP frsutration also comes into play for a created universe where you try to begin with a much lower starting CAP. Initially most of the salaries are in line with a few being much to high for the base created in the csv. Then within 1 season you start seeing some crazy high requests that far exceed what a team can afford at thatr CAP setting. From there it just continues to seem to get worse. So the only option is to start any universe with a high CAP so the game seems to fall in line.

With that also comes the crazy cost for trying to build a stadium as well as the ticket and luxury box costs. The base CAP established for your universe doens't seem to have any effdect at all.

It is something I do hope Jim will entertain looking at at some point.

Last edited by NawlinsFan : 12-07-2023 at 10:56 AM.
NawlinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote