View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 06:14 AM   #852
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I'll ask this supposed wise board since I have know Idea what to do.

I was hoping for a partner.

My girlfriend right now is asking for permanent disability because of her anxiety. She is currently getting ECT treatments to help with her depression/anxiety.

I'm afraid i'll end up being a caretaker instead of a partner(which is what I really want).

Ugh, I don't know. She can be a substitute teacher. I want her to be able to become a full time teacher. But she just crumbles before any adversity.

Ugh. I love her.

This is why I'm going through a divorce right now. She quit an 80k job because the boss was mean to her. Took a contractor job she knew would end and did, and continued to spend money (now in debt 50k).

Her anxiety overrules all sensible thought. She was supposed to take the boys to school (8 minute drive) and I found out they both were late last year 15 plus times which converted to absences. When I confronted her on this, she said she couldn't get up and that they only were a few minutes late. I switched my hours at work to take the oldest into school (and his grades rebounded), only for her to make the younger one even more consistently late.

I love my wife, I want her better, but I have two young kids who need stability and support which is vacuumed up by the needs of my wife. I pulled the rip cord. The divorce is still ongoing and we are in therapy but she's unwilling to change and I've accepted that she is what she is.

She's paying one therapist (who I find completely worthless) about 100 dollars a week for zoom therapy. She has a psychiatrist who I find is dosing her with different drugs because nothing is improving her, but then she has to spend a few weeks clean because you can't start a new series of medication.

It's a mess.

She loves me, but she cannot help being self-destructive for whatever reason. I'm pretty numb to it.

Bascially I'll be losing my home, paying her child support and sharing custody with somebody who cannot make good decisions.

It's a mess.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote