View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 08:29 AM   #33
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley92 View Post

But some stupid questions.
You got over 4000 players with IDs in 2002 file, is the max 2500 gone ?
Several looks to be fictional, or am I wrong ?
Yes, any player with a 10 overall ratin is fictional. You need roughly 100 players per team to keep the game from generating players, I just added a bit more than that. I could have optimized it, but I don't have the time right now for something that seems to work.

Quote:
How about those newly added coach files in this FOF9.
In old version you had to play with fictionals if starting way back, but will coaches work as the player files now. (Maybe too much to ask for)
Probably too hard to implement since some coaches popping up further down in history need to retire as players and that might not work with new coaches coming in. Never mind that, one always wish for more.

It's on the list, the only issue is that I don't have any control over the ratings. The other thing on the list is to generate a 22_4_14 schedule so that opens up 1961-1969. I'd want to check and see if you can have such an imbalanced league as the AFL/NFL were.

Quote:
Once more BIG thanks mate. You enriched this game once more.
It was a bit of work, but not too bad since I've learned python since the last go around. It was a nice thing to do during my lunch hours when I wanted to take a trip down memory lane and I'm happy that other people can use it.

Also on salaries, for the file I used a cap of 100M, then I used the real NFL positional averages to set the mid ground, and then adjust them up or down based on rating and experience. So if you check a teams total salary, it lines up pretty well with it's total raw talent.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote