View Single Post
Old 12-29-2023, 09:48 AM   #7580
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I just picked up BG3 as well and I'm in that 50-something age bracket. The first thing I thought was that I don't need all detailed graphics. It's great if it was seamless but I notice the half-second wait as it loads things up going from 3rd person to "closeup conversational view" or whatever. I do like having more than 5 pixels that represent a red shield on this fighter and a blue shield on that fighter but I'd rather they spend those 50,000 man-hours on gameplay rather than graphics (looking at you, Madden).

My second gripe is that the ALT button doesn't actually highlight everything that I can interact with. I can open that barrel over there and there definitely are things in there but you didn't highlight that for me.

Other than those old-man-yells-at-clouds complaints, great game.

I'll second both of those gripes. I have been playing on both my main PC (which handles the graphics no problem) and the steam deck where I had to lower many settings, and aside from wishing the text was bigger on the steam deck I do not care about the graphical differences one bit. Just make the game fun (which they have also done, to be fair).

I just used the 'go to camp' feature for the first time because it felt like I needed to do some kind of rest and so far there has been no indication of what the implications of rest (short or long) might be aside from the positives like recharging spells. It seems to be a pattern in the game where you learn about how things work _after_ you choose to do them, which feels a bit backwards.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote