View Single Post
Old 12-30-2023, 09:42 AM   #7585
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I knew about the recharge aspects of the rests, though some of that is my own prior D&D knowledge and some was tool tips. But what I was hoping to have explained to me was the impact of rest on your overall game. If I rest in the middle of a crypt can/will I be attacked? Is there even a difference between the various outer/under world areas in that respect? If I rest does the passage of time impact the story in any way? Does going back to camp reset 'enemy spawns' or anything like that? When I leave camp will I reappear in the same spot I was at when I went to camp or a way point or something else?

Unless I missed it none of that stuff was explained in-game, so as a player you're kind of left to just learn by doing. Even when I did decide to finally just go to camp I discovered that I had to feed my characters 40 points worth of food. This had been kind of hinted at along the way with tips like "you'll need to feed your characters" but I don't remember any specifics like when or how much they would eat. It felt like pure luck that I had hoarded enough stuff beforehand to satisfy the requirement. And what if I had not? I don't think the penalty for being short on food was explained, either (though I'm not positive on that, I could have just missed or forgotten).
That's designed that way on purpose. They wanted a sense of mystery around time. For the most resting does not effect anything around you. There are only a couple of quests that have some sort of time limit, and they don't even tell you those in the quest. Just rest as needed, you not really going to miss much and it won't affect the main story line at all. You will never get jumped during a rest. If the game allows you to rest (some areas won't let you), then it does because the area is safe to rest through the night.
You need 40 points of rations to rest, and that shows on the screen when you try to rest. Lack of enough points means you don't full recharge with the rest. All that information is in the tool tip when you try to rest.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote