View Single Post
Old 12-30-2023, 02:53 PM   #28
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

C John Hollet is a free agent, and while he's been great while he's on the field, the injuries have been really tough. 353 PA in 1949, 328 PA in 1950, 300 PA in 1951. This is $20M coming off the books which is a big relief.

I mentioned 1B Dave Cox, a captain on our team, above; he's a pending FA but I was curious to know how much he'd be looking for. Unfortunately, I wasn't expecting to have zero free agent signings allowed; we'll have to let him go, but he was looking for about $9M anyway.

RP Paul Brocklebank has been with us since the beginning, the penultimate pick in the expansion draft. He threw 502.1 IP with us, with a 4.05 ERA during his time. While I could re-sign him (he's a 40-rated player), the skills have declined now that he's 32 and the $2.2M he wants should be replaced cheaply.

Finally, RP Jose Alcantar is heading out; he was a starter with us for a while, and had a pretty good year after moving to the pen in 1951. He doesn't want a lot to stay, but because he's rated as a 45, we're unable to sign him.

We have an eleven-player arb class. OF Mario Camarillo isn't an obvious non-tender, but he's entering his final year of control and due $3.2M. With the callup and success of CF Mike Gruver, we're okay letting him and his 82 wRC+ walk early.

LF Steve Gonzalez, our walking machine/leadoff guy, is now in his first year. I'll mention this now, as I don't think I did in the first post; any multi-year extensions count against our choice of a FA or trade. I won't be pursuing that with him, but he is tendered an offer for 1-year/$4M.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 12-30-2023 at 03:14 PM.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote