View Single Post
Old 01-05-2024, 03:57 AM   #18
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
22) P3 Persona 3: Reload (Feb 2, 2024)

Can you believe I've never got into the Persona series? A friend of mine who is big into it told me that 3 was the best of the bunch, and I should play that before I played P5 Royal.

I started my Persona journey with 3, and it just never resonated with me. I loved the crap out of Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 5 Royal is on the shortlist for "favorite game of all time."

But here's the thing about your friend telling you to play Reload before Royal: Reload is being remade in the style of Persona 5. So part of what makes Persona 5 Royal so great - its aesthetic and style, as well as the various QoL improvements it added to the series - won't hit as hard if you play Reload before Royal. You'll just kind of...be there already.

What you OUGHT to do, and because you have a PS5 you CAN do this, is play Persona 3 or Persona 4 Golden first. I don't know as you need to finish either game necessarily (although...) but play them in their original form. As much as I loved P4G back in the day, since we're talking about Reload, I'd say play Persona 3 Portable first. Then, Persona 5 Royal.

By THEN, Persona 3 Reload should be out, and you should play THAT. You will have a much greater appreciation for Reload at that point, having experienced how the series has evolved. You'll see how those QoL improvements from Royal will make Reload a better experience than the original Persona 3.

Shit, I've beaten both P4G and P5R multiple times, but never P3; I expect Reload will be the first time I do so, and that's going to be almost entirely because of those QoL improvements. Which, and I know the dead horse would like me to quit beating it, would be best experienced by playing Royal before Reload.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote