View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 08:16 AM   #742
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Sununu said that coming in second in NH would be a good result for Haley. I don't understand why she even bothered to get into the race.
Any of them. The hope was Trump would have to drop out because of legal trouble which was never happening. But just to play devils advocate, there have been times in the past when you had a candidate progressively get better and come back and beat a front-runner. She is showing a strong second in New Hampshire. The last polling I saw had her at 38% versus only 8% for Desantis. The problem is that Trump has 53%. A 15% margin is much narrower than in Iowa, but still a huge margin. The other factor is usually that strong showing in New Hampshire that propels a candidate is a surprise, but this has been expected for while. Short of her getting that margin on Trump down to the single digits, I don't see this result being a catapult for her campaign.
She needs something that can give her some momentum so that she could win South Carolina. If she could do that then there could be a real race.There is likely nothing that could do that. Trump is going to win the state that she had been governor of with above 50% of the vote, and that will be the end of the primary season in all practicality.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote