View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 08:30 PM   #9819
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Okada will never be the main guy in the US like he is in NJPW. I think there's a better chance that he gets used better in the WWE than when McMahon was in charge. AEW seems to be a much better fit though.

Time for NJPW to start elevating some of their excellent young talent. This is definitely a time when having such a great development system can help.

The problem is, as good a crop of youngsters as they have at the moment, they don't have many legit main events left to put them over & elevate them.

Naito ... what's left of Tanahashi ... and that's about it. Sanada was nothing short of a disappointing disaster as a champ, his best moment was making the save to make sure Naito got to do the roll call.

Ospreay wasn't putting people over on the way out, Okada hasn't done it for one of the leading youngsters in singles

3-5 years, yes, the great group could have been ready to not just be in main events but to put butts in seats (which is a major need for NJPW). As it stands now?

I think there's legit question about whether they're a major league promotion much longer. Instead, they're just a developmental that bends over happily for anyone who has $5 and a TV deal.