View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 05:32 AM   #26
Edward64
Head Coach

See Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - Israeli-Hamas War (Oct 2023)

That thread started from the Biden to the Israeli-Hamas thread. And it has now devolved from talking about Joe & Israeli-Hamas war to personal attacks. So, I'm offering to continue in this catch-all-don't-bother-the-others thread.

(Thanks for the reminder, Flasch).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
We've all seen you make racist comments to members here like DaddyTorgo. You can play dumb but I and others know exactly what you are.

Appreciate bringing this up again. It's been a while and so thanks. At the very least, a refresher course on definitions vs your self made ones.

I hope your research is better this time. I mean it was pretty embarrassing for another member tell you how much you were wrong with Dems having filibuster proof majority in 2009-2011. BTW I tried to find your post about that, to link here but apparently it has been deleted (?) by you, funny how you can't just say "I made a mistake". But maybe we can get to the root cause of your "woe is me, racism this, racism that etc. ad-nauseum" and what you think are the pragmatic/realistic solutions (besides whining about it).
  • But just for kicks, go ahead and provide source/link or it didn't happen
And as always, I like definitions. Need to have a baseline, foundation of understanding. Below is the wiki definition of racism. Feel free to provide non-twitter or tiktok links if you want.

Racism - Wikipedia
Quote:
Racism is discrimination and prejudice against people based on their race or ethnicity. Racism can be present in social actions, practices, or political systems (e.g. apartheid) that support the expression of prejudice or aversion in discriminatory practices. The ideology underlying racist practices often assumes that humans can be subdivided into distinct groups that are different in their social behavior and innate capacities and that can be ranked as inferior or superior. Racist ideology can become manifest in many aspects of social life.

I'm going to guess your argument will have more substance with me being prejudice/bigot. See wiki definition below. But then I suspect you fall under this category also.

Prejudice - Wikipedia
Quote:
Prejudice[1] can be an affective feeling towards a person based on their perceived group membership.[2] The word is often used to refer to a preconceived (usually unfavourable) evaluation or classification of another person based on that person's perceived personal characteristics, such as political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity, beliefs, values, social class, age, disability, religion, sexuality, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, culture, complexion, beauty, height, body weight, occupation, wealth, education, criminality, sport-team affiliation, music tastes or other perceived characteristics.[3]

But fair is fair, always good to do some "both sides". I guess if you are accusing me of being a racist, I can accuse you of being a antisemite = racist also? See wiki definition.

Antisemitism - Wikipedia
Quote:
Antisemitism (also spelled anti-semitism or anti-Semitism)[a] is hostility to, prejudice towards, or discrimination against Jews.[2][3][4] This sentiment is a form of racism,[5][6] and a person who harbours it is called an antisemite.

In summary, "the pot calling the kettle black". But go ahead, provide the source/link or it didn't happen twitter-tiktok guy.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-29-2024 at 10:17 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote