View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM   #559
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

November 1, 2033

The last player to receive a scholarship offer is the first to accept it. Welcome to the Villanova basketball family, Matt Valentine!

Matt is more of a lead guard than a pure one or two. Connor Baxter, Mason Reynolds, and Eldon Castanon are all good defensive players, and they're the guys who will be sharing the perimeter spots with Matt, so Matt's reluctance to D-up won't be a fatal flaw.

Unfortunately, Robbie Blades decided to pursue his basketball dreams at Temple. At least we won't have to play against him in the Big East, like we will when Dan Roesch and St. John's appear on our schedule.

Our hopes of signing Max Bennett remain alive. So do Georgetown's. Something is keeping Max from making his decision. Coaches Sims and Twombly don't have to travel far to visit the Bennett family, so that will remain a priority during November.

What to do with our open scholarship? Timothy Johnson hasn't said yes to the Hoyas yet, either. Do we aim for the stars and offer him? Or, do we concentrate on a target that might be easier to hit?

I like the looks of two players who haven't received scholarship offers yet: SF Keith Eskridge, a four-star recruit from Michigan, and PF Charlie Lambert, a four-star player from Maryland.

I'm not really in the mood to potentially deal with losing two players to Georgetown, who have emerged as my arch-nemesis in this dynasty. I'm going to offer Charlie Lambert instead. I'll post his "hero card" if we end up signing him.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote