View Single Post
Old 02-10-2024, 11:03 AM   #6453
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
I went through a binge of the bodycam videos after Edward first posted that 20 something-year old drunk driver from Florida. Some of them are really entertaining, while others are sad. Addiction, mental health issues, homelessness, you name it. Some of these people never had a chance.

Whilst on the subject of YT, I've been pretty enamored with this channel. This guy does reporting in the craziest places and isn't very exploitative about it like many wannabe journalists.

Channel 5 with Andrew Callaghan - YouTube

The SF and Philly videos... whoa

The Channel 5 guy is fantastic with some really thought provoking videos. Very good storyteller.

And yeah, some of the body cam stuff on youtube is 100% mental illness or addiction, but not all by a long shot. There are plenty of entitled douche bags who think they are smarter than the law, screw around, and find out.

As I said, i watch both sides of these things and the videos themselves are fascinating to me as is the youtube comments. You always hear about how different stops happen depending on the race of the person arrested, but I just don't see it in "most" of these videos. Usually, it's just the way the person acts that gets them in trouble.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote