Thread: Madden 24
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 02:09 PM   #18
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I'm saying I look a the free agents after the draft, and I see plenty of rookie RB in the 70's and even one time with an 80 ovr rank.
edit: To be more clear, this with the initial "Start Now" mod save after the first draft and in the first preseason. I restarted three times, and every time there were several OVR high-rated rookie running backs avaible. They are undervalued by the draft rankings consistently. Not the biggest deal considering the game with the mods had many, many more issues. Not the main reason I deleted it and just gave up on it.
I am not trying to convince you or anyone else to buy/play M24. As I wrote earlier, the game is not perfect (what game is?) even with the mods. The latest MyFranchise program addresses the high-ish rated FAs with a tool called "Free Agency Lottery". It randomly assigns FAs to all teams based on OVR and Age. The defaults are 70 and 26 but they can be changed, and teams can be added to the default list for each FA. Using this tool prevents the user from signing all the best FAs after the Progression tool has been run. It's a clever workaround for the game's bad AI logic.

As there have been updates to the most popular mods I decided to start a new Bears franchise. I won't list all the RBs drafted as I did above, but in this new draft it still looks to me like the best ones were not going to be UDFAs.
  • 2.6 Jonathon Brooks - Giants
  • 2.10 Trey Benson - Packers
  • 3.15 Jaylen Wright - Colts
  • 3.23 Bucky Irving - Bears
  • 3.31 Blake Corum - 49ers
  • 4.29 Audric Estime - Vikings
After roster cutdowns to 53 there might be 70+ rated RBs returned to the FA pool. But it is unlikely that a player in the 70s is going to be a 1000 yard rusher anyway.