View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 06:40 AM   #9491
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
There's more about guns, taxes, children, but it's a weird obsession.

Thank you. Appreciate the opportunity to respond to my specific quotes. Let's go through each one because I like to go into details.

Per your newrepublic link, I believe this is the issue in question. If I'm incorrect, please provide the quote in the story you believe I missed.

Quote:
Alexander Smirnov, a longtime FBI informant with ties to Ukraine, had claimed to have proof of Biden and his son Hunter accepting bribes from a Ukrainian oligarch. Republicans repeatedly touted Smirnov’s claims in their quest to impeach the president. But last week, the Justice Department announced that it was charging Smirnov with making a false statement and creating a false record related to the bribery allegation.

Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - The Biden Presidency - 2020
Quote:
It's pretty obvious the below original statement is inaccurate.

Quote:
Quote:
After the issue of Biden relatives’ business dealings first came up in 2019, Joe Biden issued a sweeping denial that distanced himself from his family’s commercial pursuits: “I have never discussed, with my son or my brother or with anyone else, anything having to do with their businesses. Period,” he told reporters in Spartanburg, South Carolina, that August.

They've tried to amend that statement without actually saying they're amending it. So, GOP continues to pick at it.

All this because the black sheep couldn't remember to pay for his laptop repairs and abandoned the laptop.

Your newrepublic article said Hunter/Joe being bribed is a lie. What does that have anything to do with what I said about Joe above?

I have never said that Joe took a bribe. I have said Joe did meet with Hunter's business partners (including Burisma). Source: look at your 3rd link below where I highlighted.

Front Office Football Central
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
It may well be no business deals discussed but I can easily see Joe being aware of the players in the room, the reason for the meeting, and Hunter prepping him with some key details & stuff to say or not to say (normal stuff in any big meeting).

I'd be surprised if there are actual transcripts but an email summary/recap is probably more likely. Yes, I'd like to see those come out if not already.

Same as above.

Front Office Football Central
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I believe Joe participating in phone calls is a new disclosure? I don't remember reading about it and not the 20 times.

I get Joe may not have formally discussed business dealings (e.g. contractual details etc.) but participation in actual calls increases the odds that he did listen in and was a party to some details (and not just niceties as mentioned below).

Still not a smoking gun though (e.g. show me the money trail to Joe, show me the relevant text, emails etc. to Joe). Unless Joe received some $, this is still a nothing burger and, at best, a blind spot for his frakking son.

Devon Archer debate focuses on Hunter Biden ‘illusion of access’ | The Hill

Same as above.

Question to you: are you saying you do not believe Joe was in calls or meetings with Burisma representatives? Or are you saying he did participate in calls/meetings but there is no evidence Joe took bribes?

Looking forward to your response or clarification.

Last edited by Edward64 : 02-22-2024 at 06:44 AM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote