View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 09:51 PM   #2884
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I knew this guy stole 20 mil from the Jags but had no idea he lost it all playing daily fantasy on fanduel. I am a pretty heavy DFS player and I can not fathom playing that much let alone losing it.

Jaguars asked FanDuel to return stolen $20M, source says - ESPN

Feds detail Jags ex-employee's spending on 'life of luxury' - ESPN

To be clear, I am definitely not built for any sort of jail time and the authorities have probably already taken back all the stuff he bought with the stolen money. But if there really is something like a "Club Fed" and he got to keep all the stuff, doing eight years there for this sort of spending spree might be worth it.

I got questions!

Quote:
He also purchased a game-used Trevor Lawrence jersey for $2,200 on eBay on Dec. 8, three days after prosecutors filed charges against him and six days before he pleaded guilty.

He couldn't have grabbed Lawrence's jersey before they put it in the wash before he got canned?

Quote:
A combined $9,477.11 with the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Jaguars Pro Shop, the stadium club and the stadium

Is this with or without the employee discount?

Quote:
More than $278,000 for hotels, rental properties and travel, including $78,800 for private jet charters

Quote:
A combined $70,362.06 with Delta, United, American, Southwest and JetBlue airlines

Has anyone in the history of mankind spent money to travel via private jet AND via JetBlue in the same spending spree? Did he spend the extra money to board first?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote