View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 03:12 PM   #374
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
They can't not take one in their current situation, I simply don't think there's one that will be a SB QB in this draft.

And that's a pretty low bar, awe inspiring QB-skillz wise, to clear if we look at some QBs that have made it there.

What I mean by "SB QB" is simply one that can, with whatever team around them, get a team to the SB. That's how overhyped I believe this class is.

It's a Wizard of Oz bunch, each lacking some key component(s).
I am not trying to argue with you but what draft class has a built-in SB quarterback that is known before the draft? The answer is none. It is rare when a team actually finds a "generational" QB, one that lives up to the hype. I think the last one was Andrew Luck and before that Peyton Manning. Stafford won the SB but was he considered generational? I don't remember that draft very well but I think not. Burrow might be on the list with Luck and Manning. My point is that statistically speaking the safe comment regarding the 2024 draft is to say that there isn't an SB QB in the bunch. My feeling is one of these guys is. Which one? I wish I knew, not that Poles would listen to me anyway.