View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 11:40 AM   #7668
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'd say this does a better job of articulating the feelings in my house than I was willing to invest the time into doing.

The game was ultimately too easy to keep either of us around more than a handful of seasons. Things like the scheduling, the conference prestige issue, and so on, those just added up to back-on-the-shelf TFN.

I like the bones in places, but it feels like a very long way to go before it warrants more than a very occasional dabble to see if its getting any closer.

Recruiting is far too easy. Being able see exactly how many points each school has spent and is spending on a player makes it easy to calculate how much attention I need to give.a player to land him. I honestly don't know how you balance recruiting without it feeling overly frustrating.

One thing nearly every college game gets wrong is the big schools don't have nearly enough pull with recruits. If Alabama is involved with a player the only competition they're realistically getting is from similar prestige schools or, sometimes, the hometown school.

It's also way too easy to build up prestige and then it doesn't drop off fast enough. Generally all schools have a prestige level that they're going to rubber band back too after prestige gains or losses. Very few schools over the past 40 years have actually changed their baseline prestige level in college football. Every game gets this wrong.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote