View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 12:14 AM   #35
Emmett13
Mascot

2043 offseason

Going into the next season as defending champions is definitely a different dynamic than we are used to. We also have quite a bit of talent to replace. Fortunately we did get to keep Marquese Henshaw, who ironically was who I was anticipating leaving early since he was a frequent sight on the JBL prospect list. None of our returning guys transferred, even Mimms, the seldom used reserve point guard.

So going into the transfer season and HS recruiting here is our scholarship break down:

PG: Tevin Ridder (SO), Soufiyane Mimms (SR)
SG:
SF:
PF: AJ Rushin (JR), Eros Zenga (JR)
C: Marquese Henshaw (SO), Garth Ludwig (SO)

Clearly you can see what our needs are. With 7 scholarships to give, I'd love to have a couple used up in the transfer session. I'd like to sign a senior big man to replace Armstrong. I really like the trio of Rushin, Henshaw and Ludwig, and I'm not really looking to upgrade there next year, unless there just happens to be some monster of a post that falls into my lap. I also don't really want to try to convince a decent HS recruit to come and sit on the bench as the 4th or 5th post. So, ideally I can find a senior to fill that role for one season, get a few minutes, have a few laughs and hit the road.

As far as wings go, who knows. I'd like a better backup point guard than Mimms, or at the minimum have a better option. I'd love a SG that slide down to the 1 and effectively be the backup point guard. A SF that could also play the 4 would be dreamy as well, but those guys are hard to find.

I probably need 4 perimeter players at the minimum this cycle, and one of them needs to play PG. Same with trying to find a senior post, ideally we could fill one of those slots with a solid transfer, so I don't have to have 4 or 5 freshmen wings.

Interesting to see how our new "extremely high" prestige rating and our shiny 2042 national championship trophy benefit us on the recruiting trail. I'm very cognizant of trying not to go star chasing, and keep going after guys that I think fit what our high culture, grit and grind program.
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote