View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 08:16 PM   #9752
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Thanks.

My brother in law is a financial genius. He was two steps below Jamie Dimon before he retired at the age of 48 to race cars. We have often discussed the student loan situation and he is in agreement with me that it would be an amazing stimulus to the economy since most people would use the extra money to go out to eat more, purchase a new vehicle, etc...so your wedding example backs that up somewhat.

I've never understood the push back to this. It makes sense that if you didn't have loans, you had a viable degree and job, that the income you'd earn some of it would be disposable and thus stimulate the economy.

My loans are paid, I don't have any. I'm blessed, I'm happy for anyone who is having them paid off. There is no bitterness or what about me...

The what about me stuff is just pathetic, there's always someone who feels shrifted (generally by their bad choices) and want to screw everyone else from betterment (hence MAGATs).

This is also why I shake my head about not having universal healthcare, wouldn't it then reduce weight on companies to not have to shell out for let's face it nine times out of ten pretty shitty insurance. Wouldn't universal health care allow them to then allow employees to maybe put that money into 401k or disposable income, sure you'll have higher taxes but you're covered. Companies could also then redirect money to other things. Insurance companies wouldn't go kaput, they'd have the largest customer in the US Gov'nt.

I just don't get. Too much fuck you I got mine, or if I can't have it no one can.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote