View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 10:55 PM   #9755
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
It's simply because someone has to pay for that stuff.

If Peter is robbed to pay Paul then Peter isn't like to congratulate Paul on his newfound wealth.

Most student loans are predatory; most kids who get student loans have to do so because they're living hand to mouth or their parents are and they have no recourse but to get loans that exceed really the value of college.

So what are youre options? You take the loan if you want a real career. Some careers require masters degrees, guess what theres another loan. Now you have your degrees but you are competing in a job market, you have have transport, you have to have place to sleep, you have to have food and utilities.

People like you are the problem. I assume your thought is if you can't afford it don't do it, well with education you don't have that option. You can be a stupid unskilled laborer but you won't be able to live.

Oh and I think in Europe the majority of college education is free. It's publically funded because you know who wouldn't want their citizens to get good education so they can get good jobs so you know stimulate the economy and have a skilled workforce populace.

This whole bullshit persona of pull yourself up by your bootstraps is so you can be poor and stupid. The mindset that it is robbery if the public gets "free" education/public health (meaning taxes go towards it) is one of the nastiest tricks the rich have played on you.

Like I said, I don't really care. My loans are paid for my degrees(bachelor and masters). I got a nice house in a nice area (suburbs). Good public school for my kids. My company has an okay health insurance and I've got about 400k in my 401k (I took out a chunk to pay for said house but that's okay it's doubled in value). I don't make too many extravagent purchases; I live easy, I can buy the things I need when I want.

My daughter is just finishing up her masters. Her loans are paid. Her starting salary is just North of 93k. She'll be fine at 23. Not a lot of kids will be.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote