View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 07:44 PM   #138
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

Mixed reviews, overall. Not many guys I had in mind for them, to be honest. I had been taking a TE in most mocks, but never considered this guy whom they took ahead of some other logicals. Same for the RB - different guy than I had been trying to send them in the same general zone of the draft.

I don't mind the first 3 picks, but it feels like there really wasn't much creativity in leveraging the number of picks they had throughout the draft. They were positioned to maneuver as much as they wanted. Robinson, specifically, feels like a guy they could have traded down (and potentially back up) to get or taken someone else and moved up from 43 to get earlier in the 2nd.

Lets say you take Wiggins at 27 and move up a few picks in round 2 to get Robinson. It seems like something that would have been very doable and you land an elite corner prospect and the same edge guy you wanted and it costs you probably a mid round pick that you have in excess. No not a knock on Melton, but the dropoff between Wiggins and Melton seems fairly large.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote