View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 04:01 AM   #92
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I don't think that issue is going to move the needle much on Biden winning or not.

I'm not saying it shouldn't, I just don't think it will. Look at the list of important issues to people in both parties, one example being the recent post by Edward64. Israel/Gaza, and for that matter Ukraine, does not rank highly for most people. They're more concerned with domestic issues like gas prices being 25 cents higher than they 'should be'.

I agree with you, foreign policy is not a sustainable Top-5 issue. Sure, it heats up but other more pressing stuff happens. I do think this is a vocal minority, and in 1-2 years it'll peter out and regulated into the Social Studies books like Occupy Wallstreet, BLM, and defund the police protests.

But I can see the younger folks cutting off their "nose to spite their face". I can easily see another flareup in Sep-Oct. I doubt they'll vote for Trump, but they may not vote or vote for a third party, and therefore diluting Joe's margin.

I'll say again. I support people's rights to vote third party. But if Trump wins, they cannot absolve themselves from helping Trump win by not voting for Joe.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote