View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 04:50 PM   #21
BrixtonFC
n00b

The training report comes in and I’m happy to see three players have Impressive Performances. I’m irked but not surprised Day has a bad report. I got a notice about a week prior that he was struggling and he has red down-arrows for almost all Attributes. I’ll have to have a talk, he’s our Vice Captain and must do better than that.

I had The Talk (not that talk!) with Chris Day and he promised to do better. You better!

Financial Matters
We lost over £122,000 last month. I knew this was coming but it still sucks to see it in black and red. This brings our season loss to almost £445,000. Oh well, luckily Brixton has a Sugar Daddy.

Now on to the match against Tonbridge. We are 6:4 odds so despite them being higher than us we’re favored. Okay. The FA Cup brings the boys to the yard, and I’m like, we’re better than you. And 2,580 fans agree. Yeah money! Amazingly, I don’t botch the pre-game pep-talk! Six players are motivated.

FA Cup First Qualifying Round
vs. Tonbridge, 2 September 2017

Formation: Spade (GK, DR, DC r, DC l, DL, MC r, MC l, AMR, AMC, AML, ST c)
Starting XI: Webb, Maguire, Day, Carroll, Parker, Barlow, Smith, Pearson, O’Donnell, Duckett, Macey
Subs: Friend, Johnstone, Clark, Spearing, Jefcoate, Cullen, McAdam, Jones, Taylor, Martin, Rae

In the 8’ Smith shoves a guy down in the box during a cross and doesn’t get called for it. Two breakaway opportunities for Macey lead to nothing. By half, three of their players have picked up knocks (plus one of their subs started that way with 69% fitness) so this should be a war of attrition we should be winning. Macey is sporting a 6.3. Drat.

With Macey and O’Donnell sporting a 6.3 and 6.4, respectively, I switch to the 4-4-2 and crank it up to Attack. Seven minutes later, Macey redeems himself with a weak effort 16 yards out. A few minutes later I bring on Cullen, McAdam, and Rae for Barlow, Smith, and O’Donnell. Then Jefcoate comes on at 75’. And shortly thereafter, Maguire sends a long ball up the right side, Macey crosses to the far post, and Rae puts us in a commanding position; I immediately switch to Control. Then a minute later Macey gets barged over in the penalty area and Duckett seals it.

POM: Eddie Macey (1 goal, 1 assist, 2 key passes, 1 chance created)

We’re on to the next round! I’ve met the board’s expectation so that’s a plus. Hopefully we get drawn against a creampuff. And we made £28,676! Sweet!